and Nature's laws lay hid in night: God said, "Let Tesla be", and all was light.
- B.A. Behrend
Nikola Tesla was born "at the stroke of midnight" with lightning striking during a summer storm.
He was born in Smiljani near Gospić, Lika, (then a Military Frontier of Austro-Hungarian Empire, which is now in Croatia).
The attending midwife commented that, "He'll be a child of the storm..." to which his mother replied, "No, of Light."
Unlike Thomas Edison, the name Nikola Tesla isn't
one you will hear
What follows here is a listing of pages about Nikola Tesla and therefore comprise my tribute to a man that was very gifted and talented, and unfortunately, he is all but forgotten and almost completely unacknowledged in the technological field.
Nikola Tesla was "a visionary genius as fertile as any in the modern history of science", and, had Tesla been born today, he would still be ahead of his time.
He would be called a "Genius" by some, and a "Madman" by others.
Nikola Tesla was the first to blaze the trail for the creation of incredible, world transforming devices that we, in the world of today, take for granted. Tesla invented such things as: radio, the bladeless turbine, wireless communication, fluorescent lighting, the induction motor, a telephone repeater, the rotating magnetic field principle, the poly-phase alternating current system, alternating current power transmission, Tesla Coil transformer, and more than 700 other patents.
Nikola Tesla was an inventor who accumulated 700-plus patents worldwide for his inventions. Many of Tesla's patents were in the United States, Britain, and Canada, but many other patents were approved in countries around the globe.
Like Thomas Edison, Tesla's patents were related to, or act as improvements on, existing technologies. However, and, unlike Edison, Tesla was more the solitary inventor than the research lab director.
Many of Tesla's patents were in the United States, Britain, and Canada, but many other patents were approved in countries around the globe. Like Thomas Edison, his patents were related to or act as improvements on existing technologies. Unlike Edison, Tesla was more the solitary inventor than the research lab director.
Tesla's inventions and developments include (but, are not limited to): the induction motor, various devices that use rotating magnetic fields, the alternating current poly-phase power distribution system, the fundamental devices of systems of wireless communication (legal priority for the invention of radio), radio frequency oscillators, devices for voltage magnification by standing waves, robotics, logic gates for secure radio frequency communications, devices for x-rays, devices for ionized gases, devices for high field emission, devices for charged particle beams, voltage multiplication circuitry, devices for high voltage discharges, devices for lightning protection, the bladeless turbine, and VTOL (Vertical Takeoff Or Landing) aircraft.
Life® magazine, in a special double-issue, listed Nikola Tesla in the "100 Most Important People in the Last 1000 Years". Tesla occupied the 57th position. He was also listed as one of Discovery Channel's 'Greatest Americans' (Nikola Tesla was Voted #97 out of the Top 100 Greatest Americans for 2005).
Now, take a trip now through my tribute pages to a man that I will not soon forget ... Nikola Tesla!
All of these articles are Local (to AdvancedTomFoolery) Pages.
- 33 Interesting Facts About Nikola Tesla
- A Biography of Nikola Tesla
- A Cordless Future for Electricity?
- A Hero of Nikola Tesla's (Michael Faraday)
- A Kansas City Journal-Post newspaper article on Nikola Tesla
- A Short Tesla Biography
- Another Brief Tesla History
- Bill Beaty's Hand-Drawn Holograms
- Electric Mind
- Electrifying the Earth
- Experiments with Alternate Currents of High Potential and High Frequency
- Father of Physics – Nikola Tesla – The Great Inventor Worldwide, Romanian Mother
- FBI FOIA Information about Nikola Tesla (354 pg .PDF File)
- Five Interesting Facts about Nikola Tesla
- Interesting Facts about Tesla
- More Interesting facts about Nikola Tesla
- Nikola Tesla: Humanitarian Genius
- Nikola Tesla: Lightning Creator
- Nikola Tesla, History of Technology, The famous Inventors Worldwide
- Nikola Tesla's 112 United States Patents (.PDF File)
- Nikola Tesla’s Clean Energy Vision
- Nikola Tesla’s Curious Contrivance
- Remembering Nikola Tesla's Life in Colorado
- Return of the Dove
- Some Tesla inventions
- Spark Gap Technology
- Tesla: The Serbian/American Inventor
- Tesla's Bladeless Turbine
- Tesla's Electro-magnetic Motor
- Tesla's Free Energy Receiver
- Tesla's Fuelless Generator
- Tesla's Ray
- The 100th Anniversary of Radio Transmission
- The Autobiography of Nikola Tesla by Michael McNabb (.PDF File)
- The Basic Components of a Tesla Coil
- The Cult of Nikola Tesla
- The Greatest Hacker of All Time
- The Mystery of Nikola Tesla's Missing Files (.PDF File)
- The Nikola Tesla inventions that should have made him famous
- The Rise and Fall of Nikola Tesla and his Tower
- The Strange Life of Nikola Tesla (.PDF File)
- The True Wireless (.PDF File)
- The U.S. Patents of Nikola Tesla (.PDF File)
- Time Magazine - Tesla at Age 75
- Who (Really) Invented Radio?
- Who Found Nikola Tesla Dead?
- Who Invented what?
- Wireless Electricity
Some other great Nikola Tesla related links are:
that the following links below point to web sites and
pages that leave my Nikola Tesla tribute page and go to other pages.
Some of these following web pages listed below may be outdated or may
no longer exist...
I have no control of, nor responsibility for, the links that are or have
changed, are dead, or just no longer exist.
I do try to keep this list updated and cleaned up to reduce old, dead
or otherwise non-existent links, but I may fall behind at times.
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Nikola Tesla
- 21st Century Books - Nikola Tesla
- A New System of Alternating Current Motors and Transformers
- A Small Introduction to Nikola Tesla
- Electroherbalism - Nikola Tesla Pages
- Historical Information about Nikola Tesla
- Historical Profiles of Individuals with OCD: Nikola Tesla
- How Nikola Tesla Planned To Use Earth For Wireless Power Transfer
- Inventions & Experiments of Nikola Tesla
- Nikola Tesla
- Nikola Tesla: A genius or a charlatan?
- Nikola Tesla and The New Yorker Hotel
- Nikola Tesla | 10 Facts About The Famous Scientist
- Nikola Tesla: Electrical Pioneer
- Nikola Tesla: Forgotten American Scientist
- Nikola Tesla: Master of Lightning (PBS)
- Nikola Tesla Museum in Belgrade
- Nikola Tesla - Article on Wikipedia
- Nikola Tesla Page
- Nikola Tesla Reports
- Nikola Tesla’s 10 Major Contributions And Accomplishments
- Randy Hiatt's Nikola Tesla Page
- Science Traveler - Nikola Tesla: The Book
- Tesla Down Under
- Tesla Memorial Society of New York
- Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe!
- Tesla Statue
- Tesla the Car Is a Household Name. Long Ago, So Was Nikola Tesla.
- Tesla’s Tower of Power
- "The Invention of Everything Else" - book by Samantha Hunt
- The Nikola Tesla inventions that should have made the inventor famous
- The Tesla Coil - Article on Wikipedia
- The Tesla Collection (ALL Things Tesla Related)
- The Tesla Turbine - Article on Wikipedia
- The Top 11 Things You Didn't Know About Nikola Tesla
- Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla Fight the Electric Current War in Buffalo
- ThoughtCo.'s Inventors - Nikola Tesla
- Uncle Taz's Nikola Tesla page
- Untapped Cities - Nikola Tesla’s Only Remaining Laboratory Named to NY State Register of Historic Places
- Untapped Cities - Step Inside Nikola Tesla’s Hotel Room at The New Yorker in 3D
- Untapped Cities - The Top 10 Places to Find Nikola Tesla in NYC
- Why Is Nikola Tesla Literally Erased From History Books?
There will be more pages and items added, appended, and amended as I
get the time, chance and information to make the changes and additions.